2018 MENA AmCham Regional Council Conference & Exhibition
“Commercialization of Innovation: A Driver for Growth in the MENA Region”
27th & 28th October 2018, Grand Hyatt Amman
AmCham MENA Council is the platform that brings together the various American Chambers of Commerce from the eight countries in the Middle East and North Africa Region (MENA) of Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
Established in 2005, the AmCham MENA Council works on fostering and enhancing collaboration and cooperation amongst the MENA AmChams and promoting greater business opportunities between the United States and the Region. In 2017 Jordan was elected to Chair of the Council during the period 2018 -2020.
Among its key activities, the Council holds an Annual Regional Conference on topics of mutual interest that serve market integration and sustainable development. Last year’s Conference; “SMEs: Unlocking the Economic Potential in the MENA Region” was held in Bahrain in March 2017.
Building on this tradition of almost two decades of joint events, AmCham – Jordan is proud to hold the 2018 Annual MENA Council Conference “Commercialization of Innovation: A Driver for Growth in the MENA Region”.
With a focus on innovation in the MENA Region, the Conference will provide an opportunity for businesses to share experiences and develop strategies that will build modern and sustainable economies, and will shed light on regional and global case studies of how innovation can boost economic activity and drive growth Participants will hear from global leaders, experts, and practitioners on latest developments in Energy, Healthcare, Information Communication & Technology, Education and Finance, as well as measures needed to create innovation-powered enterprises.
Additionally, an Exhibition showcasing innovations by local and regional enterprises will be held on the sidelines of the two-day Conference to present participants with first-hand examples of innovative ideas and products that can inspire growth and job creation. Learn More
The two-day Conference will be held on:
- Saturday October 27, 2018
- Sunday October 28th, 2018
Grand Hyatt Amman
Hussein Bin Ali St, Amman
This conference will bring together regional business leaders, U.S. and regional government representatives, U.S. Chamber officials, regional heads of multilateral organizations operating in the region, academia as well as media representatives.
Who Should Attend?
- AmCham Members from throughout the MENA Region.
- Business Leaders working in the manufacturing, IT, Health & Life Sciences, Financial and Education sector.
- Entrepreneurs and Startups.
- University Professors and Researchers.
- Lawyers working in areas of Intellectual Property Rights, Competition,
- Members from the developmental and donor communities.
+962 6 565 1860
About the AmCham MENA Council
The AmCham MENA Regional Council was established in 2005 and comprises the AmChams of Abu Dhabi – UAE, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia. The objective of the Council is to promoting greater business opportunities between U.S. and the Middle East and North Africa Region. The Council works on effectively linking the various members and institutionalizing their on-going coordination with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. It also works on promoting free trade agreements between MENA countries and the U.S. and on fostering increased awareness among MENA region manufactures and producers of export opportunities to the U.S. through those agreements.
The idea behind the Council is to foster regional cooperation, while coordinating efforts among AmChams to promote greater business opportunities between the United States and the Middle East North Africa region. The Council’s goals and values include commitment to free trade, opening of regional markets, protection of intellectual property rights, and accession to international agreements. Free trade agreements (FTAs) between MENA countries and the United States are also a priority for the Council.
AmCham-Jordan is the current Chair of the Council and the Councils Secretariat resides a AmCham Egypt.
To promote trade and investment between the U.S. and the Mena Region.
The general purpose of the Council shall be to foster and engender increased collaboration and cooperation amongst the Members in promoting greater business opportunities between the United States and the Mena region. In particular, the Council is charged with the following objectives and strategy initiatives:
- The effective and cohesive linking of the various Members’ organizations.
- The identification and promotion of Middle East Free Trade Agreements and related opportunities amongst the Members.
- The institutionalization of the ongoing coordination between the Members and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- The promulgation of rules and procedures relating to the coordination and cooperation among Members.
- The support of and for regional integration and business partnerships.
- The creation and coordination of formal programs on and for the promotion of U.S. business opportunities.
- The preparation and exhibition of regional conferences.
- The promotion of U.S. exports of products and services.
- The fostering of increased awareness among Middle Eastern manufacturers and producers of export opportunities to the U.S. through free trade agreements and other opportunities.
- The support for and promotion of various investment and trade initiatives.
- The reformation and liberalization of the various regulations pertaining to business operations and investments.
- The coordination of trade policy initiatives among the Members and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- The increase of U.S. trade with the MENA region.
- The provision of services to and generalized support for innovative business and professional project investments.
- The creation and institutionalization of a regional Middle East Free Trade Agreement, similar to the EU, NAFTA, MERCOSUR, etc.